November 23, 2010

Round Two

For our "friendly bake-off", I decided to make my CAKE COOKIE SANDWICHES! This dessert was more about the presentation then the creativity of flavor, but I love how they turned out. These are beyond easy to make, and if you want the recipe I'll be happy to share!
WARNING : If you have a party dress you are trying to look good in for the holidays I would not recommend these. But, if you are fully embracing the holidays and all their glory, here ya go!
I usually use a flavor, such as red velvet or devils food, but the yellow cake mix was on sale for almost 40 cents less. So I just pulled out my trust-ie food coloring and the always-wonderful KitchenAid.
Put the icing on the bottom layer.  And by the way, if you ever see me use icing it will ALWAYS be homemade.  I have a thing for homemade icing (thank you, mom).
Then added the top cookie.
And there ya go!
As my brother-in-law would say "I can hear the button on my pants screaming!"

Here is my competition:
(if your lost you can read about our competition here )
These amazing cookies that Anna made:       
 And this adorable cake that Laura made:

If anyone out there, besides the 3 of us, even care about our little competition, let us know what ya think!
Or give me a recipe to try next time!
        

2 comments:

  1. The cake was for the last round! I have some cookies up my sleeve for this one! Love both of yours though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously? your cookies belong in a magazine... yum. they look beautifully delicious.

    ReplyDelete