August 25, 2010

Good, ...no... GREAT Friends

I know I always put posts about Georgia and how she's doing or what Jason and I might be up to, but I realize I hardly ever write about how amazing our friends are.  We both have such an amazing group of people around us, including our family.  I recently went on a road trip with Laura Lee to Charlottesville to visit Anna (for those of you that knew us in college, you know this is probably road trip #257,894 - hahaha).  These are two of the most amazing women I know on the planet.  They are two of my best friends from college and they're the kind of friends I pray Georgia will know and have her own of one day.  In the middle of laughing at/with each other at 1:00 in the morning, we stopped and agreed...WE'RE FAMILY!  I've said it before and it's even more true to me now, I have the most AMAZING group of girlfriends I think it's possible to have.  They have seen me through times of joy and times I don't care to revisit, but each and everyone of them have been my personal prayer warriors.  All of them constantly challenged, encouraged, supported, and love unconditionally by all these girls.  They also continue to teach me and help me grow into the woman that I know God is calling me to be.  Proverbs 27:17 says "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."  I truly believe this.  Sometimes A lot of the time it's hard for me to grasp how God could have given me these girls.  Only by His grace and mercy have I been so blessed.  Now, I don't have sisters, but I can only imagine that my girls are as good as it gets!  I know we've all heard this verse since childhood, but when I think about my friends I always remember this verse, Proverbs 18:24,  "...and a friend sticks closer than a brother." 
So from the bottom of my heart, thank you girls, for making sure my world is always full of laughter, love, and a life-time full of memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment